How does Hunny Do Artificial Grass sell and install American Made, 10yr warranty grass so cheap?
- We don't have much overhead and we don't drive expensive cars. We care about our customers; we don't lie or cheat on our products, service or installation. We don't have to pay for professional athletes endorsements. And More.......
How many lawns has Hunny Do installed in the 10 years of business?
- We have installed over 5000 landscape lawns in the Southern California Region. We strive to selling one of the best grass on the market at a reasonable cost so that everyone can enjoy the many benifits of Stress Free Grass.
Why choose synthetic grass for my lawn?
- Synthetic grass, done right, can give you back your beautiful lawn without the hassle. No watering, no mowing, no fading, no edging, no fertilizing, no chemicals, no pet damage, no pests, no allergies and no muddy paw prints…and a lower overall cost!
What is artificial grass?
- It is a blend of polyethylene, polypropylene, polyureathane, silica sand or ZeoFill, that will give years of grass-like appearance and use, without the regular maintenance of natural grass. It is resistant to temperature extremes, drains quickly (better than real grass) and is extremely low-maintenance. An artificial surface that resembles real grass. It can be made to resemble many varieties of real grass out there like: St. Augustine, Bermuda, Marathon, Kentucky Blue Grass, and many others.
What does Face Weight mean?
- The face weight is how much the yarn weighs per square yard not including the backing or infill (yarn only). This measurement tells you how much product you are getting for your money as long as the comparison is apples to apples.
What does yarn technology mean?
- Yarn technology is also important. For instance: How many microns (thickness) per blade, yarn shape for optimal performance, and stitch rates to balance performance and aesthetics are crucial to achieving a top quality product. Hunny Do takes all these variables and more into consideration when choosing only the absolute best artificial turf available world-wide.
What is the appropriate artificial turf for my project?
- There are many different styles of artificial turf and many of the synthetic turf applications are installed with generic styles of turf due to an assumption that all turf is the same or a limited variety is offered. This is not true and the Hunny Do team can show you all your options and select the best application for your project. Very low activity areas need to address quality, density, and aesthetics where as areas with mid-level activity or more should have a thatch product with a higher density turf installed. A high-density thatch based product significantly recovers better during activity and grooming, as well as a high quality yarn.
Are all turf installations relatively the same?
- Not at all. Installation quality is very important for aesthetics and longevity. How the sub-surface is sculpted, How the product is secured, and most importantly how the seams are put together. An inexperienced crew will leave you with noticeable seams, which is not aesthetically pleasing and will continue to open up over time. Using the right products is key to longevity.
Do any of your synthetic turf products contain lead or other RCRA hazardous waste heavy metals?
- NO. All of the synthetic turf products contain NO detectable traces of lead or other RCRA hazardous waste heavy metals.
What is the square footage price on your grass?
- $5.79 - $9.49 per square foot for Artificial Grass fully installed depending which product you choose.
- $8.99 - $10.50 per square foot for Putting Greens with 1ft fringe fully installed depending which product you choose.
- Each lawn is different and Hunny Do prices each project individually based on turf type, required ground preparation, size, and numerous other factors.
- For exact costs, Hunny Do comes free of charge to your site and shows you all the different types of grass we offer. Simply receiving a square footage price without a site visit is not a realistic or credible estimate of the true cost.
- Grass companies often charge extremely outrageous prices only offers a sales person to discomfort you with a sales pitch on why they are better and more money than other companies. We put our prices Online so you know what to expect.
- Think of it as an asset and an investment that will increase the value of your property. Best of all, unlike most expenses you put into your home, The artificial grass will pay for itself over a matter of a few years!
Why is synthetic grass more expensive than natural sod?
- Because it is a manufactured product which carries a warranty and lasts for a very long time
What are the benefits of artificial grass?
- Very low maintenance (no mowing, weeding, or watering)
- Always green and always beautiful
- Great in places where natural sod cannot grow
- Reduces dust in your home
Does the long term effect of the sun harm the turf grass or make it fade in color?
- Hunny Do Grass has a built-in UV protection solution that will allow it to hold its color even under the most dramatic conditions. Independent studies show that Hunny Do will fade at a rate of less than 1% per year. This means that after ten years in direct sunlight, any color change will still be imperceptible to the human eye.
What is the life expectancy of an artificial grass surface?
- Our turf comes with a limited 10 year warranty and no one beats our 4 year installation warranty with 2 year pet warranty.
- Actual life expectancy is 15 - 25 years. A proper installation is a factor.
- If you are using it as a soccer field every day. It is expected to last 8 years or more. If your pet is using it as a place to relieve waste, it will last 20 years. If you don’t do anything, it should last longer.
Does the sheen go away? Do some products shine more than others?
- The sheen (shinniness) will progressively diminish and go away. Some products in the market place are shiner than other for various reasons i.e. wider blades refract more light, rectangular yarns refract more light, and some yarns go through a de-lustering process. The length of time depends on the product shape and the chemical makeup of the yarn.
Is there any maintenance involved with Synthetic Turf?
- Yes. Synthetic Turf should be rinsed and groomed periodically. The frequency of cleaning should be determined by the activity level. For instance, if your turf is subject to animals and pets it should be rinsed more often. Less often if you are usinge ZeoFill Infill. The higher traffic areas should also be groomed more often. To properly clean, and rinse, we suggest you use a stiff bristled broom or rake to groom the fibers. If you have access to a power broom this will work better.
- Occasional cleaning/grooming will help prevent matting and maintain the appearance. If the turf is not groomed periodically and does mat substantially, we suggest you have it groomed professionally to restore its appearance. We also suggest for areas of heavy path traffic that you place stepping stones or form some kind of path. For a great turf groomer product click here.
How do I clean the Synthetic Turf?
- It's Easy! Simply rinse with water as needed. With pets, pick up solid waste and the residue can be sprayed clean with water. If ZeoFill Infill had been installed there is no reason to wash the turf as frequenly. If ZeoFill had not been used, rinse as frequently as needed to avoid odors which are a build-up of bacterial spores. For a thorough cleaning, which should be rarely needed, flush the turf with Turf Klenz which you can use with your hose and covers 1500 sq ft. This will neutralize the bacterial spores.
Do Kid and Pets like playing on Artificial Grass?
- Kids love it! Pets love it! They have loads of fun playing on it. Parents love the fact that there are no more stained pants, scraped knees or grass allergies. Dogs like to scratch their backs on the grass too.
Is it dog friendly?
- Put it this way…now you can have a dog AND a lawn! With over 90% of our customers being dog owners and installations in many pet care facilities and dog runs, Hunny Do is the proven perfect solution for your yard if you have pets.
- Liquids drain right through, droppings can be picked up easier then they would be with regular grass. Dogs can't dig through it. Muddy paw tracks on your carpet will be a thing of the past!
What about pets?
- Turf is extremely popular for Animal Hospitals, Kennels, Ranch Owners and Home Owners with pets.
- Animal urine does not damage or stain synthetic turf. Our ZeoFill Pet System is based on a negative charge which will actually prevent bacterial smell from forming then liquids passes through the perforated grass, and drain or evaporate into the ground. Now you can sustain a green lawn year around as opposed to the brown spots which are an eye soar.
- Pets will not harm the turf. Initially, pets will try to scratch and sniff it but they will love it after only a few minutes.
Will the Silica Sand, Pet System used as infill harm children or pets?
- Our infill is non-toxic and will in no way harm either children or pets if swallowed. We could not have installed Hunny Do in the many day care centers and pet facilities, if our infill had toxin's. In fact, ZeoFill Infill is 100% Natural and Safe for the environment.
What about Gophers, Rabbits and Critters?
- Our grass is tough enough to withstand a gopher chewing through it but gophers will push up the grass unless you have poltry wire. Hunny Do offers a low installation cost to install poultry wire below base used in the installation process of the artificial grass. This eliminates any troubles you have with rabbits and gophers. If you don't have gophers, then no need for the extra costs.
- Rabbits will no longer ruin your lawn by eating your grass. Your new lawn will be safer because you will no longer have a need for pesticides. Bugs and insects are history!
Can it be installed over my existing lawn?
- The existing sod must first be removed. A fine layer of crushed rock is laid down, smoothed and compacted before the turf is installed.
Is there a cost to remove my grass?
- We have recently included free removal of existing sod only. We have cut the cost down so much that we have to make a little profit. Our Specials Page will give more details. We do charge an $85 disposal fee. (Secret: Tell your salesperson to waive the disposal fee only if you sign when he is giving your quote. If the salesperson adds it to the contract, there is no way to reverse it.)
What is Cash for Grass Program?
- This is a program that some cities are implementing to save water. They pay you to remove water hungry plants and grasses.
You can call the water department in your area to see if you qualify for their program.
Can I install my own artificial grass or putting green turf?
- Yes, If you are dedicated to saving money on installation costs. But there are some things to consider. For warranty purposes, artificial grass and putting greens must be properly installed. For a complete installation guide please visit our installation page or ask about our Installation Classes.
Why does another company say that your turf doesn't drain faster than theirs?
- Our turf drains 27 inches per hour per sq ft. No need to install the grass on a slope where it will flood one area. You can install your new lawn as flat as you want.
- The drainage is very similar if not better than natural grass. The turf backing has many perforated holes allowing or water to drain through the turf into the type II road base we install under the turf. If you are concerned about what other turf companies have told you about drainage in our turfs then click here to the home page and read about half way down. It is a tactic they use to scare you into spending thousands more on their turf products. If our turf didn't withstand some of the nasty weather (when it did rain) since 12 years ago, then we wouldn't have an A+ standing on Better Business Bureau and TWO Super Service Awards from Angie's List for 2011 and 2012.
How long does the installation of a putting green or artificial grass take?
- If the area has no grass, rocks, or unwanted landscape issues, and the area is easily accessible, the installation process for up to 1000sq ft can take up to two days. If there is demolition, then ad an extra day.
Is there a minimum charge?
- We at Hunny Do Artificial Grass don’t feel the need to gouge our customers with overly ridiculous charges that other companies charge. We only have a $600 minimum due to rising cost of fuel.
Will installing artificial grass increase the value of my home?
- Yes, installing a putting green or artificial grass adds value to your home. In fact, a putting green or custom landscapes can be financed in most areas.
- Done correctly, 100% to 200% of any investment in quality landscaping will go directly toward the value of your home, according to GE Finance. This does not include the curb appeal which is immeasurable.
- Several of our customers have sold their homes and reported that their Hunny Do lawn helped tremendously with the sale of their home. Potential buyers were very excited about the prospect of purchasing a home with a beautiful lawn that required no water or maintenance. We usually have our repeat customers come back to have us install at their new home.
Does Hunny Do Artificial Grass offer financing?
- Yes, we can offer you a Same-As-Cash or Traditional Installments. Ask your sales representative about our programs.
What is the warranty that Hunny Do Artificial Grass offers on their greens and lawns?
- We offer a 10 year manufacturer warranty, a 4 year Installation with a 2 year pet warranty from Hunny Do.
Does it mold or mildew?
- We don't have a cloth like material glued to the back of our material to make it look thicker, therefore mold and mildew are never a problem.
What type of landscaping do you recommend around the artificial grass or putting greens?
- We recommend either rock, curbing, decking, and ponds. We are general contractors that can install a wide variety of landscaping projects. Our landscape division can help you with all your landscaping needs.
Can you install a sand trap with my putting green?
- Yes. You will be able to incorporate any type of additional landscaping around your green that you would like.
What is infill? Infill is the material used to put on top of the artificial turf to:
- Helps keep the fibers from falling over
- Helps distribute the water / urine
What is the difference between infill and non-infill products?
- "Non-infill products" make an install easier and less expensive and we do not advise non-infill products. There are important, functional reasons for the infill. The primary reasons are the following: the infill gives a barrier and protects the turf during activity. The infill is used for ballast-on a typical install there will be hundreds or thousands of pounds of infill to weigh down the product. The infill offers G-MAX, which is the softness under your feet, it's safer too.
What kind of infill do you use for Artificial Grass and Putting Greens?
- We use Dustless Silica Sand and/or our ZeoFill Pet System for our artificial grass infill, because it has been treated and has no sharp edges to tear the turf. We also use silica sand in our sand traps. Other companies use the same sand as the golf coarse which is sharp and will destroy the grass. The quality of the sand will make the difference.
Why don't you use Rubber in your landscape installations?
- We don't use rubber in our landscape installations because there is still no proof that rubber is safe for our kids, pets or the environment. Rubber when it gets hot in the summer, smells, sticks to the bottom of your shoes and you can track it into your home, pool, car ect., It also gets 10 to 15 degrees hotter to walk on. It also costs quite a bit more. If you request rubber in your artificial grass, we can assist but the cost of the grass will be more and you will have to sign a waiver that you don't hold Hunny Do liable for the toxin's that could harm yourself or others. Here is a link to the latest information about rubber infills in turf. http://www.epa.gov/nerl/features/tire_crumbs.html
Why don't other companies use silica sand in their installations?
- Dustless Silica sand is expensive. The sand infill is necessary for the fibers to stay standing and not lay down. Some companies use only rubber infill. Problem with that is 1. Rubber is even more expensive and they raise the prices accordingly. 2. When pets urinate, urine bacteria adheres to the rubber and causes smell. 3. Rubber is great for Sports Fields and Playgrounds.
What is DURAFILL Infill?
- DURAFILL is an old technology infill product for artificial grass. It was thought to resist urine bacteria from adhering to the surface and prevent urine smell, but after 100's of installations, the urine smell had risen through the turf especially in Summer months. You had to consistantly wash your turf down to rid urine smell. It is a green poly coated silica sand. Durafill did not degrade over time and did not need repeated applications. Durafill is environmentally safe and does not contain silica dust, zinc or heavy metals. It is more expensive than ZeoFill Infill which took its place in 2009 which proved better than Durafill in many ways.
What is ZeoFill Infill?
- ZeoFill Infill is the newest technology in helping remove urine odors. It's honeycomb molecular structure encapulates urine bacteria and prevents the urine odors from escaping. It works better dry, therefore no need to consistantly wash your turf down to rid urine smell. When wet, it cools the turf fibers in summer months. It is 100% Natural and safe for the environment. It does not degrade over time and does not need repeated applications. It cost slightly more than silica sand but less expensive than Durafill. ZeoFill has been approved by all turf manufacturers in the USA and has won many awards for best product of the year.
Is there a break-in period on your putting greens?
- No. There shouldn't be a break-in period on our greens. Enjoy the grass as soon as we are done. We can add sand to make it as fast as you want it.
What is the difference between different synthetic turf companies?
- Compare face weights, stitch rates, nylon thatch percentage and backings. There are less expensive backings now with many "wonderful claims" and do not qualify to be used on sports fields. Comparing the latter will reveal the quality of the products and what you are getting for your money. Yarn technology is more difficult to determine, however, Hunny Do only carries the latest technology yarns available.
There are other grass companies selling artificial grass, Why Hunny Do Grass?
- This is our favorite question! Simply put, Hunny Do sells one of the best products on the market and is the closest alternative to natural grass. A superior product, coupled with professional service, makes Hunny Do the ONLY synthetic turf choice for your home or business.
Will weeds grow through it?
- Occasionally strong weeds will grow through the weed barrier, and through the weeping holes. Weeds cannot grow through the tough turf backing. We cannot control any weed barrier. Weed Barrier companies will not warranty against strong weeds. It help prevent weeds. On rare occasions, you may see some popping up along the sides of the turf next to the concrete or boarders. No worries…simply spray some weed killer on them and they are history! See our installation section.
- Our grass is so durable, you could spray Bleach and it won't hurt our grass. NOTE: Bleach is not recommend around Pets or as a replacement of weed killer. Weed Barrier is not recommended when big dogs are a factor. Weed Barrier holds bacteria.
Will weeds grow on top of the turf?
- Any plant will grow on top of anything if it gets in contact with many years of dust. In desert areas where dust blows will take about 5-6 years to start having enough dust to grow plants on top of the turf.
Does Hunny Do warranty against weeds?
- Our turf warranty's against faulty turf material which does NOT include weed barrier. No one warranties against weed barrier.
Here is the question that the other guys would ask. Does the artificial grass get hot?
- Yes, But the difference is the quality of the grass that will determine how hot. Our grass does not absorb and radiate heat like pavement, rock or brick. Air will flow between the fibers of the turf therefore, keeping the turf cooler.
- In severe hot weather artificial grass could burn young children's feet. The surface of all turfs do get as hot as concrete. Infill products has a major factor in temperature too. Temp. tests have been done. The results are:
Sunlight Test (Temp. After 250W Heat Lamp 30 min) Durafill and Silica Sand Temp 93.62° F - ZeoFill 90.34° F - Rubber
Temp. 141.88° F WE DON'T USE RUBBER INFILL
- There are ways to cool the grass down. Just water it down hours before you are going to have a party. The silica sand that we use to infill the grass will hold the moisture. Use ZeoFill infill which will hold water hours longer than silica sand.
- Even through summer heat, your lawn will remain pleasantly functional.
Is it important to work with a company that has a Contractors License in the State of California?
- When you contract to have work performed in your home, remember that to do any project that totals over $500, a company must have a valid Contractor’s License. They are required to include this number on any materials they use to market their work, on their contracts, etc.
- By using a licensed contractor, you are assured that they are covered by the necessary bonding, insurance and worker's compensation to protect you, the homeowner. Without a license, you become liable.
- Hunny Do is licensed and bonded. You can check on a Contractor's license status at www.cslb.ca.gov. Our California Contractor’s License number is 828089.
What type of license must a contractor have to install Synthetic Turf?
- According to the CSLB (Contractors State License Board), a contractor must either have a B (General Contractor) or C-27 (Landscape) license and D12 (Synthetic Products) license to legally install turf. Hunny Do has both B and D12. Our corporation is Hunny Do Remodeling Inc. DBA Hunny Do Artificial Grass.
Can synthetic grass be installed on top of septic tank? Leach field area?
- Yes, just make sure you know the exact location of the septic tank lids so when you need to have the tanks pumped, someone can cut a big X in the grass where the lids are. The Septic Company will have to dig out the dirt and put dirt on a piece of plywood next to the hole. After pumping, the septic company or you will need to compact dirt properly as we will not be responsible for improperly compacted dirt. Then call us and for a small service fee, we will come to your home and seam the big X and re-infill the grass with the infill we will use during the installation of the original grass. Leach field is safe from any harm. Artificial grass does not impact the leach field. I hope this answers your questions.